Common door problem we face at any stage of door geeting old .Doors are an integral part of our daily lives, guarding privacy, security, and style in our living places. Anyway, with the passage of time, on doors, you may notice small or big issues that can be annoying and even affect the some or whole functionality of the door. In this, we will know five common door problems and effective tips on how to fix them efficiently.
Dealing with Sticking Doors
Dealing with sticking doors are bitter experience, especially when you’re in a walk quickly or to get out of your house. The problem you face due to humidity, temperature variation, or an imperfectly aligned door frame. For fixing this issue, try these simple steps:
- Tightening the screws in the hinges to make sure the door aligns properly with the frame.
- Using sandpaper to smooth the edge of the door that are sticking.
- Applying a lubricant such as graphite powder to the hinges so that reduce friction.
Tackling Squeaky Doors
The squeaky doors are another big problem that can be fixed with some elbow grease. The issue sometimes arises from hinges that need lubrication. For fixing the problem, follow these steps:
- Using a hammer and screwdriver to remove the hinge pins.
- Cleaning the pins and hinges with a wire brush or sandpaper.
- Appling a lubricant to the pins and hinges such as petroleum jelly, vegetable oil, or silicone spray
- Reinserting the pins into the hinges and test the door to make sure it opens and closes freely.
Fixing Loose Door Knobs
A loose door knob is a significant safety hazard and is normally happens by screws that have become loose in the knob or latch plate. For fixing this problem, try the following steps:
- Tightening the screws in the knob and latch plate using a screwdriver.
- If the screws won’t tighten or are stripped, removing them and replacing them with longer screws which will make the anchor more secure into the door frame.
- Tesingt the knob to make sure it’s functioning properly.
Combating Drafty Doors
For a drafty door, you can loss energy and make your home uncomfortable. This issue often noticeable due to a poor seal between the door and frame. For fixing the problem, try these tips:
- Inspecting the weatherstripping around the door and replace it if it’s damaged or worn.
- Using adhesive-backed foam weatherstripping to create a better seal on the frame.
- Installing a door sweep at the bottom of the door to block drafts.
Solving Warped Doors
The warped doors are a more severe problem that may need a professional door expert to fix. This problem often creates due to temperature or humidity variation or due to the door being opened to moisture. For fixing the problem, try these steps:
- Removing the door from the frame.
- Placing the door flat on a pair of sawhorses.
- Using clamps or weights to apply pressure to the warped area.
- Allowing the door to sit for a day or two and check if there is any improvement.
- If the issue exists, consider replacing the door.
Doors are the most part of any living place, and when you notice problems, it can be dismaying. However, by following some tips in this article, you can fix common door problems and make sure that your home is secure, comfortable, and energy-efficient. Besides, If you are not able to solve the door repair then you can contact the best door expert in Local handyman services.
Local handyman services offer various types of services with professional handymen such as plumbing service, electrical services, door repair, carpenter services, painting service, floor polishing service, etc. By knowing the handyman singapore price list, to get the best quality handyman services with local handyman services providers.